Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 40 – Pancake Bay… Again.



“Well it looks like we are almost done our tirp”

“ya I know”

“maybe we should stay here tomorrow?”

“How many days to Toronto?”

“maybe two”

The trip is almost over and both of us feel like can afford prolong it another day. At least one good day on the beach with beers, maybe go for a swim. We have cruzed through so much of North America, hardly stopping to let it soak in. It has been amazing, and looking back I wouldn’t have done it any differently. We saw such a contrast in landscapes and people. I feel as though I will carry this experience with me the rest of my life.

How lucky we are, but how hard was it to get here. I’ve spent the last 2 years thinking about going on a trip like this. I’ve thought about what the best bike would be, researched where to go and what roads to take. Read other bikers blogs to see what route they took and where they went. Saved up to buy the bike and gear. all this to follow my dreams. Most people seems to think we are either crazy, lucky, or maybe stupid. I for one believe that following your heart and going on an adventure is food for the soul. If I come across money I will put it towards my dreams. If I have time away from work I will plan to make it happen. Because I’m only here once, so why not make the most of it.

~devin

No comments:

Post a Comment